Vita Trigger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS Vita Firmware 1.66 Update

Go down

PS Vita Firmware 1.66 Update Empty PS Vita Firmware 1.66 Update

Post  Aluminum Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:12 am

From psvitascene

Sony updated the PS Vita’s firmware to version 1.65. This update includes some general additions to the system’s software like enabling and disabling the notifications alerts and a 10 minute power save setting. It has also been confirmed that this update blocks the VHBL from running, so like always; be cautious!

Update: It seems as that the firmware has been delayed due to a problem with “adhoc play in PSP titles”.

Update 4/3/2012: We identified a symptom that users can not play adhoc play in PSP titles if they download the system software, so we have taken down the system software temporarily. The system software will be available to download again soon.

Hi, everyone. The next PS Vita System Software Update (v1.65) will be released soon and will include the following minor enhancements:

A “Notification Alert” option will be added to Settings, so you can toggle alerts on or off
“After 10 minutes” will be added to the time options under Power Save Settings
An Arrow icon will now appear when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea
Caps Lock will be supported in the On Screen Keyboard
Don’t forget: there are several ways to update the firmware on your PS Vita:

Select “System Update” under the “Settings” menu and download the firmware directly to your PS Vita over Wi-Fi.
Connect your PS Vita to a PS3 or a PC/Mac and update via Content Manager.
It has been confirmed by praed0r that this updates blocks the VHBL, so don’t update if you wish to continue using it!

I just updated to 1.65 f/w.
I knew it might be a problem, but decided I wanted access to PS Store more than I wanted the homebrew stuff.
Result – no more access to homebrew, so DON’T upgrade to 1.65 if you want to keep VHBL working.
Praed0r
PS – The game reports that the save file is corrupted and won’t allow the game to run before you allow it to create a new savegame.
I tried re-installing the game and the exploit, the open file manager still allows the exploit to be copied over, but the game still insists the save file is corrupt – so preventing VHBL from initiating.
Got to get to bed now, catch you all later.

Sorry for my lack of posting.

Aluminum

Back to top Go down